While we have had to postpone all our events schedule for April to June, we are trying to give members as many opportunities as possible for arts-related activities at home and for keeping in touch.
We hope shortly to have details of a couple of special art-related events that Members can view at home. Meanwhile, we’re regularly updating our new Arts on the Internet page with new ideas and recommendations. So do look at it and let us have your thoughts and ideas. Here are some of the latest suggestions you’ll find
- The first of the national Arts Society’s on-line talks. Next one due on 21st.
- Sian Walters, AS lecturer, is giving weekly talks about different paintings.
- Further performances from the National Theatre and Royal Opera House.
- Chichester Festival Theatre is now showing Flowers for Mrs Harris.
- Lots more screenings of plays, shows and musicals (including Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals)
- Tutankhamun exhibition at the Saatchi gallery.
- Link to Google Arts and Culture, which has a huge range of material
- A raft of great recommendations from members, including Waldemar Januszczak’s Art Mysteries, Philip Mould’s talks about his personal art connection and talks from the National Gallery.
We’ve also now set up a new TAS Grayshott discussion forum on the Arts Society’s new website. Have a look at that too – all contributions welcome. More details on our Arts on the Internet page.
We do hope you all keep safe and well. For help with getting food, prescriptions, dog walking etc, here’s a reminder of the number for the Volunteer group for Grayshott and surrounding villages 01428 748655
Hampshire Coronavirus Helpline: 0333 370 4000
Surrey Helpline: 0300 200 1008