Our visit includes a tour of Amsterdam, a canal cruise and guided visits to the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museums as well as optional additional visits.
Amsterdam, the ‘Venice of the North’, is a beautiful city with a wonderful cultural and artistic heritage. In addition to a city tour and a canal cruise, we will have guided visits to both the Rijksmuseum (the equivalent of the British Museum) and the Van Gogh Museum. Both museums have had major recent refurbishment and/or extensions and are architectural feasts, historic or modern, in their own right. There will be the option to visit the renowned Anne Frank House Museum and/or the Rembrandt House or to visit other sites such as the Stedelijk Modern Art Museum. We will also have a full day excursion to Haarlem, to see the Frans Hals Museum and to The Hague to see the extraordinary Mesdag Panorama and the famous art collection in the Mauritshuis (re-opened in 2014 after refurbishment).
Our 5 day / 4night tour includes:
- Executive coach travel from Grayshott with a stop in Ghent on the outward journey and in Delft on the return journey
- 4 nights accommodation with breakfast in a Best Western hotel not far from the main museums
- Welcome drinks on the first night
- Dinner in a local restaurant on the first and last nights
- Entrance to Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum
- Amsterdam city tour and canal cruise
- Visit to Haarlem and The Hague and entrance fees to the Frans Hals Museum. Mesdag Panorama and the Mauritshuis
- Local guides in Amsterdam, Haarlem and The Hague (including in the museums and galleries)
- A guided walking tour of Delft on our return journey
- Time at leisure to wander, explore and perhaps shop!